A brief description of the cloth
Geotextile is a non – textile application in civil engineering, and a narrow fabric is an permeable non-textiles used in civil engineering and civil engineering materials.
And the generalized geotextile includes the permeable geotextile and impermeable geomembrane in civil engineering.
The non-permeable civil engineering materials made of geotextile are called anti-seepage cloth (also known as composite geotechnical film).
The composite geomembrane is composed of non-woven fabrics and geotechnical films.
The geomembrane is a thin film made of polyethylene commonly used in civil engineering.
In recent decades, due to the constant development of the textile technology and development of geotextile began using polyamide, polyester, polypropylene, whalen, such as synthetic fiber weaving, make the strength of the geotextile, durable, heat resistance, resistance to drugs, such as water, moth-proofing performance is significantly improved, the service life of civil engineering.
Geotextile and foundation soil, rock, soil or other building materials used, together with the characteristics of textile for soil reinforcement, protection, drainage, isolation, filtering, RongZhuang forming etc, improves the project quality, prolong the life of the project, shorten the construction time, reduces the project cost.
Ii. Basic functions and application of geotextile
1. Strengthening effect of geotextile: the mechanical properties of soil layers can be improved by using the tensile properties of geotextile, mainly used in slope protection and soft foundation reinforcement.
2. Protective effects of geotextile: the use of geotextile to limit or prevent local damage in the geotechnical system, mainly used for highway and railway subgrade construction.
3. Drainage and filtration of geotextile: drainage is to keep rainwater, groundwater or other liquids through, while retaining soil or other particles that are affected by the liquid.
Drainage of geotextile and filtering effect is mainly used for roadbed drainage and drainage ditch, on either side of the dyke seepage control, agricultural machinery Wells and the siltation of the relief well, sports venues underground drainage, thermal power plant ash dam construction and management, the landfill foundation seepage control, building foundation uneven settlement and soil improvement project.
4. Separation of geotextile: the separation of geotextile is to prevent the intermixing of adjacent heterogeneous soil or fillings.
It is mainly used for the separation of different structure materials of roads and embankments, so as to avoid the interdoping of different materials and affect the engineering quality, which makes the construction convenient and the project progress is accelerated.
At this time, the demand of the soil is small, the best color nonwoven geotextile.
(1) the geotextile can be used for highway (including temporary road) railway, bank, earth-rock DAMS, airports, stadiums and other projects, in order to strengthen the soft foundation, at the same time, the effect was isolated and filtering.
River, river, lake, sea slope of soil work fabric, can also prevent running water turbidity.
(2) the geotextile can be used as a reinforcement for retaining wall of retaining wall, or for anchorage retaining wall.
Build a parcel retaining wall or bridge.
(3) the work cloth can strengthen the flexible pavement, repair cracks in the road, and prevent reflection cracks in the road.
(4) soil cloth can increase the stability of gravel slope and reinforced soil, preventing soil erosion and freezing damage of soil during low temperature.
(5) the earthen cloth can be used for the isolation layer between the roadway ballast and the roadbed, or between the roadbed and the soft base.
(6) earthwork cloth can be used for artificial filling, heap or material field and foundation isolation layer, between different permafrost layers.
The anti-filtration and strengthening effect.
(7) earthwork cloth can be used in the filter layer of the early upstream dam of the ash dam or tailings dam, and the filter layer of the drainage system in the retaining wall of the retaining wall.
(8) earthwork cloth can be used to drain the surrounding area of the dark pipe or the surrounding area of the gravel drain.
(9) the geotextile can be used in the filtration layer of water Wells, relief Wells or oblique pressure pipes in water conservancy projects.
(10) earthwork cloth can be used for the separation layer between road, airport, railway and artificial heap stone, etc.
(11) earthwork cloth can be used for the vertical or horizontal drainage of the earth dam, and the water pressure in the soil will dissipate.
(12) earthwork cloth can be used in soil dam or soil embankment or the drainage of the lower part of the concrete cover.
(13) earthwork cloth can be used to remove the water seepage around the tunnel and reduce the external water pressure and water seepage of the surrounding buildings.
(14) earthwork cloth can be used for the drainage of ground foundation of artificial ground floor.
Iii. Basic functions of composite geomembrane:
1. Anti-seepage effects of the composite geomembrane: mainly used in levees, irrigation channels and water side of the pool and the inside of the waste storage pool to prevent the leakage of stops and toxic wastes.
2. The control erosion effect of composite geomembrane: mainly applied to the protection of coastal and riverbanks and control of soil erosion.
4. Construction process of geotextile and composite geomembrane
1. It should be selected to meet the requirements of the design, and after testing the test center, it can be used. After the material comes into play, the test should be conducted.
2. Performance index of soil work cloth and composite geotechnical film.
The tear strength, bursting strength of the material and the strength of the seam should meet the relevant regulations.
3. The packaging should be applied in the process of material delivery, and the site should be ventilated and dry, and should not be exposed to sunlight and keep away from the fire source.
5. Construction points of geotextile
Geotextile is permeable geosynthetic materials, when the geotextile used for filter layer, pavement geotextile should have uniform wrinkle, make maintain firmness, in order to prevent the geotextile in pave stone produce deformation of the elastic limit, in most cases, the geotextile filter layer can be directly laid on the soil after the renovation, but the lie of soil silt or clay content exceeds 50%, should be under the geotextile laid a sand layer, in order to reduce the risk of geotextile happen jam.
In the use of a block of stone protection, should control the block stone, spread gently.
In addition, the cloth should not be exposed to the sun and should not be exposed for more than a week.
For the laying of the soil works in the river, the flow direction should be followed in the direction of the flow, so that the flow of the materials flowing through the revetment will not cause the edges of the geotextile to lift.
The most important part of the bank protection project is the protection of the foot, such as the protection of the foot of the poor, when the scour will be washed, the products will be destroyed, and the protection of the block of the foot of the massive damage.
Construction, therefore, should be extend to expect the ripped-rock revetment to the riverbed scouring zone, laying geotextile filter layer, shall ensure the continuity of geotextile, the geotextile when bending, crease overlap, does not cause bad contact of geotextile and soil.
Because geotextile has great extensibility, seepage resistance, good high temperature resistance, flexibility and fabric tensile strength and uniformity of characteristics, are widely used in engineering, but across the construction technology and construction of the different control objectives, select the suitable material according to the field situation, correctly handle the appropriate construction technology, to make full use of the characteristics of geotextile.
Post time: Aug-07-2017